Operation Rhino Shield is a primary operation under our conservation projects supporting anti-poaching units who protect rhino.
Under #OperationRhinoShield we sponsor new technology, custom gear and advanced training. Training includes hand to hand combat, fire and movement, man/combat tracking, CSI, tactical operations, dog handling, bush craft and emergency first aide.
We are already busy placing sponsored gear and setting up sponsored training for anti-poaching units (APUs). Our training plans between March and June include sponsoring courses for several APUs in South Africa, Kenya and Zambia.
To get the year started right we’ve already shipped gear to Africa.
- Jan 3rd we shipped 5 custom dog leashes (for poacher tracking dogs), 10 hydration packs, 4 collapsible dog bowls and 1 padded rifle sling for our anti poaching partners in Kenya. (pictured above)
- Jan 16th we ordered 25 sets of chest webbing, customized and sponsored in part by Tactical Defense Solutions.
- We have 8 “Foxlights” that will go to an APU in South Africa in March, generously sponsored by Ian Whalan of FoxLights Co.
- We have two drone kits ready for reserves in South Africa. The FLIR cams still need to be attached ($2,300 each unit) . These will leave in April.
We have more plans in the works but are waiting on our fundraising efforts to catch up. These plans include more gear purchase and training for new units in new regions.
– Volunteer at our fundraising & awareness events
– Host a Rhino conservation awareness event or presentation
– Donate towards Operation Rhino Shield
– Select “Global Conservation Force” as your non-profit on Amazon Smile