Are you passionate about wildlife conservation and eager to make a positive impact on the planet? Global Conservation Force (GCF) invites you on an unforgettable ecotour vacation to the enchanting Kariega Game Reserve in South Africa. Led by GCF CEO Mike Veale and celebrity conservationist Blake Moynes, this 7-day journey promises an immersive experience that combines adventure, education, and hands-on wildlife conservation.
Trip Summary – Date May 5th to May 11, 2024
Price Per Person – $5,200 – shared accommodation (couples) or solo.
Duration: 7 days, 6 nights
Destination: Kariega Game Reserve, South Africa
Mission: To support local communities and conservation efforts while gaining a deeper understanding of the challenges faced by endangered species in the region.
Highlights: Private Luxury accommodation located inside the Kariega Game Reserve, private lodge with private game drive vehicles for GCF ecotour, rhino conservation experience, working dog presentation, daily wildlife photography opportunities, community conservation engagement, visit local beach and coastal town, local pottery class and a visit to the mounted anti-poaching unit.
What’s Included In Your Price:
- Daily am and pm game drives (photo safari)
- Exclusive wildlife protection and conservation activities only available to GCF guests.
- Community based conservation experience, only available to GCF guests
- Pickup and drop off from the Port Elizabeth Airport
- All beverages, alcoholic and non alcoholic, daily while on reserve.
- All food, breakfast, lunch, dinner, prepared fresh daily by our own chef and kitchen staff
- All activities while on the GCF Itinerary
- Luxury accommodations while with GCF, at Kariega Game Reserve
- Wifi while at the lodge
- Trip insurance and travel medical coverage
- Curios and souvenir purchases
- Additional lodge bookings such as massages
Trip Itinerary Explanation
Day 1: Arrival in Port Elizabeth
Your incredible journey begins with a warm welcome from GCF CEO Mike Veale and renowned conservation advocate Blake Moynes. Upon arrival in Port Elizabeth, you’ll be transported to a luxurious eco-friendly lodge inside the Kariega Game Reserve, where you can unwind and immerse yourself in the serene surroundings. Relax and settle in with an optional evening game drive and return for a delicious dinner.
Day 2: Orientation and Wildlife Conservation Briefing
Start the day with an early morning photo safari. After enjoying tea and coffee out on the reserve, return back to the lodge for a hearty breakfast and an enlightening orientation session by Mike Veale and Blake Moynes. Gain insights into GCF’s mission and learn about the critical wildlife conservation efforts undertaken at Kariega Game Reserve and surrounding reserves. After enjoying a relaxing lunch, and siesta, embark on an afternoon game drive. Optional Sundowners while out on the game drive.
Day 3: Rhino Conservation Experience
Today, you’ll actively participate in rhino conservation efforts alongside GCF’s specialized team and rangers. Experience firsthand the challenges of anti-poaching efforts and assist in vital rhino monitoring and data collection. Witness the incredible skills of conservation dogs as they contribute to wildlife protection in a thrilling working dog presentation.
Day 4: Safari and Photography
Embark on an early morning safari with Blake Moynes who will share stories from his ranger training adventure with GCF on the Kariega Game Reserve. While out on safari you’ll visit the habitat expansion and corridor project zone GCF and Kariega Game Reserve are working on for black rhino habitat expansion. Your afternoon safari continues to explore the diverse ecosystems and incredible wildlife of the Kariega Game Reserve.
Day 5: Community Engagement and Local Pottery Making Class
Deepen your understanding of the relationship between wildlife conservation and local communities. Engage with nearby communities, partake in a community-led conservation project, such as tree planting or wildlife monitoring, and share captivating stories about their connection with nature.
Day 6: Coastal Shopping and Dinner on the Beach
Experience the quaint coastal town, Kenton-On-Sea, and enjoy the mesmerizing coastal biodiversity of South Africa. Enjoy the evening relaxing and enjoy drinks on the coast of the Indian Ocean.
Day 7: Farewell and Departure
The final day brings a reflection on the journey’s profound experiences and insights shared with Mike Veale and Blake Moynes. Following a farewell ceremony with local performers, depart from Port Elizabeth, carrying cherished memories and a stronger commitment to global conservation efforts.
This ecotour offers an extraordinary opportunity to connect with nature, support local communities, and contribute to vital conservation initiatives. Through responsible tourism practices, we aim to leave a positive impact on the environment and wildlife, fostering a brighter future for generations to come. Join us on this life-changing adventure to make a real difference in wildlife conservation!
– To hold your spot a 50% deposit is required, full payment is required by October 1st 2023 to secure your trip spot.
– Guests signing up for the trip agree to follow all GCF and Kariega Game Reserve policies and protocols.
– The itinerary is subject to change based on weather conditions, wildlife movement, and conservation priorities.
– The trip aims to support local communities and conservation efforts, providing a meaningful and educational experience for all participants.
– As this is an ecotour, responsible tourism practices will be emphasized throughout the trip to minimize the impact on the environment and wildlife.