Today we are glad to announce the start of The Righteous Rhinos Support Group helping to bring aid, awareness, and education about the efforts that go into preserving, protecting, and caring for this endangered species with the Global Conservation Force. Another goal of The Righteous Rhinos Support Group is to bring education about how Cryptocurrency and NFTs can help save endangered species. To start, we would answer some common questions, debunk some myths, and show some facts about Cryptocurrency and NFTs. We also wanted to point out how you can be involved in the process and highlight how the Righteous Rhinos Support Group is more than just another NFT project.
1. What is Cryptocurrency?
• Cryptocurrency is a new form of currency in a digital form. This currency serves as a digital leger and is decentralized, which means it doesn’t have a central location or government, that lives on a network known as a blockchain. Each Blockchain is spread throughout the entire world through a series of computers that communicate to one another making each network a more secure system and no central point of weakness. Cryptocurrency were created in response to the 2008 financial collapse and are setup to be more secure, fast, transparent, and provide an opportunity for an equal of distribution of wealth.
2. What is a Blockchain?
• A Blockchain is a network of computer that are set up on a specific network, i.e. Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. and each computer is setup to be a point in the chain of multiple, often thousands of computers all continuing this chain through a decentralized series of computers. Each computer continues the chain and the chain never stays in one central location thus achieve a more secure and transparent means of commerce. **For more information on how a blockchain works**
3. Are Cryptocurrency and NFTs bad for the environment?
• As of now cryptocurrency and NFTs combined make up for .010% of the worldwide energy use for all of the blockchains, networks, and series of servers’ setup to bring the functionality of the entire system. Of the entire cryptocurrency and NFT system 75% of it runs on renewable energy. Bitcoin one of the largest cryptocurrencies uses about 40-60% of its network on renewable energy, with the remaining networks setup to shift from 20% to 50% as the technology improves and the market grows in use cases. While the exact information is hard to find because of the blockchain existing in countries around the world, the information provided is based on the Bitcoin Climate Change Accord that was created in response to concerns about the energy use for cryptocurrency and NFTs. The comparison between fiat and cryptocurrency and their effect on the environment can be found here.
4. Is it better to donate with cryptocurrency, NFTs, or cash?
• When a member donates with cryptocurrency rather than cash, they are donating an investment rather than a value, because on the rapid growth of these cryptocurrency companies
each project could receive larger funding through these investments rather than depend on a stagnant fiat currency that makes little to no valuable ROI (Return On Investment) to these programs.
• When a member purchases an NFT that is attached to a project however, they themselves are able to participate in the investment opportunity of each project they purchase an NFT. The member who does purchase an NFT is able to not only make that initial donation to the project, but they are able to own that NFT which allows them access to a community within their donation. This community can serve to connect like-minded individuals that want to reach a goal set by the community and project. These project host giveaways, wallet drops, events, community voting procedures, and can serve on a dual market system.
5. Why are Cryptocurrency and NFTs so different?
• Cryptocurrency as a whole is setup to be completely transparent, that way there is not a way for dark money to travel around in the space. Yes, people can have their identity withheld but the functionality of a public wallet address serves as a way to validate the transactions that occur on a blockchain and provide information that can be used to trace back every individual transaction that occurred at any given point within that system. Cryptocurrency also eliminate government regulations that limit the use case, exchange rate, and transfers for users. Because the blockchains are setup to communicate no matter the fiat currency used there are no loss in exchanges or transfers when someone sends this cryptocurrency across the world and actually allows those individuals in a less economical country an opportunity to gain more value in their investment because of the interoperability within the cryptocurrencies. This allows for an equal distribution of wealth amongst citizens across the world.
• NFTs serve as a dual market by not only having a value in a cryptocurrency price but also because NFTs also have a market that places an additional value on the NFT by how active it is traded. For example, an NFT project that is openly trading on a marketplace like OpenSea or Magic Eden, the cryptocurrencies that were used to purchase that NFT can increase in value when they are actively traded on those marketplaces, creating the second market within the NFT. If a user who purchase an NFT at a certain price and if they just hold it, that cryptocurrency that was used to purchase that NFT could go up in price thus increasing the sale price. If the NFT itself is actively being traded higher than the “mint” or “floor price” then there is an opportunity to make more money on the secondary sales of that project and allow that opportunity to sell for a higher profit through the NFTs marketplace. Additionally, there are what is known as Royalties that are a minor fee within the secondary that allows each portion of sales to go back to the community, charity, and project helping an NFT project to be self-sustaining within their community.
6. Who is the normal cryptocurrency trader/investor?
• The idea of a normal cryptocurrency trader changes every day. As cryptocurrency begins to become more mainstream the use case for these cryptocurrencies can be applied to different aspects within businesses, organizations, and individuals alike. Cryptocurrencies are already being used to pay for goods, services, and purchases, while the number of companies,
businesses, and organizations that are accepting cryptocurrencies as payments are low right now the number is vastly growing.
7. How hard is it to get into cryptocurrency? What are the individual benefits? What are the risks?
• To begin is not difficult it takes a little bit of education to learn how to operate within the space, keep yourself safe, and be able to understand the capabilities of cryptocurrency and NFTs. All someone needs are an educational guide or group, overall trading goals and exit strategies, some fiat to convert to crypto, a digital wallet, and that’s it to begin your trading.
• The benefits are always recommended for the individual user and their goals when entering the space can all be different; this is important to consider because this space is so new that it can make it a risky investment when someone is new and doesn’t understand the space very well. This is where the guide or group can come into aid and help provide tactics used in the space to understand what is happening in the present moment of the market.
• The risk comes to each individual in the space and how they operate within the space. Cryptocurrency gives control back to the individual and their finances making them solely responsible for how they trade, participate, and operate within the space. The best ways to keep yourself safe in this space is to remember:
• NEVER share your seed phrase or private keys to your digital wallet.
• NEVER allow someone to view your wallet or private information.
• NEVER click on links from people you don’t know or don’t trust, if someone sends you a link, run it through Google first!
• ALWAYS D.Y.O.R. (Do Your Own Research) this means always cross-referencing each information that is provided to you and check where your sources are coming from. Go to the actual websites of the IRS, US Treasury, Federal Reserve to be able to gain accurate knowledge of what is being defined by our country’s standards for cryptocurrency and NFTs. Each country’s government is different in how they regulate cryptocurrency.
• ALWAYS make sure a cryptocurrency or NFT project provides information based on the team that creates the digital asset. If you cannot find information about the project’s team, pictures of the individuals who are behind the project, an adequate roadmap, whitepaper, and social media/communication to their community then stay away from that project because it is more than likely a scam. VERY IMPORTANT!!
• ALWAYS purchase a cold storage wallet or device from the actual manufacture’s website and NEVER from Amazon or any private seller, your device could already be compromised before you open the box. If you purchase from the manufactures, there is no risk of this compromise.
• NEVER pay someone when they tell you that they will share more behind the scenes, they are trying to scam you! Only look for purchasable information in the form of an NFT, that way you can vet the information from the owner!! Also known as an Access Token.
• The BEST way to keep yourself safe when you involve yourself with anyone behind the scenes is to ask them for their public wallet address. This is the best way to see what they are investing in, how they are making their trades, and will be a test to see how authentic they are, if they don’t give you their wallet address then that is a red flag! A public wallet address is just that,
public information that anyone can obtain and if they don’t tell you willingly then be very cautious!
8. What is an NFT?
• An NFT stands for Non-Fungible Token. This means that each NFT that is created is individual uploaded to the blockchain, just like a cryptocurrency, and serves to be a digital asset that represents an item within a project. Each token is able to be tracked, validate, and authenticated through communications of the blockchain and a decentralized server created to house these NFTs. Each NFT is provided with a transaction hash tag that allows each transaction to be recorded on the blockchain and can be called upon every time that NFT needs to be validate or authenticated.
• The NFT also serves as a key to a community, metaverse, wallet drops, derivative rights, gamification, app, resources, networking, events, and more as the projects grow over time. Users without this NFT wouldn’t otherwise be able to access these benefits if they didn’t own the NFT.
9. What is the value behind NFTs?
• Each NFT value depends on the user, project’s goals, community, roadmap, whitepaper, value, utility, story, and how well it can grow over time. If there is little to no understanding of who is behind the project, community, goals, utility, or story that project more than likely will not be able to align with a user’s goals. If a project has a good story, roadmap, utility whitepaper, community, and has information and pictures about their artists and developer team then that project has set itself up for transparency and a goal orientated plan they can share with their community. Always make sure you can vet each project and know exactly who is behind each project.
10. What is a wallet drop?
• A wallet drop refers to a free NFT that a project will give out periodically to the community members within the project. This can be a great opportunity to earn rewards within the community because a user can sell these NFTs without having to sell their original NFT. Allowing each member to earn a profit just for holding their NFTs. The longer you hold the more opportunities you have to be able to earn more wallet drops and sell them for profits.
11. What are derivatives?
• Depending on a project’s copyrights a user who owns that particular NFT could make their own derivative artwork or interpretation. This allows each user to sell the artwork they create for an opportunity to increase the value of their original NFT, market their skills within the NFT space, and promote themselves within a community that may be interested in their art. This is great for artists to collaborate with projects, brand themselves to a new marketplace, find collectors who admire their work, and be able to gain income by creating their art.
12. How can cryptocurrency/NFTs benefit charities?
• The benefits that come to charities by way of cryptocurrency and NFT allows each charity’s community to invest within the charity they believe in. These digital assets setup a way to allow charities an investment opportunity based on the cryptocurrency coin or NFT token that is given
to them as a donation. If those cryptocurrencies or NFTs go up in value, then the charities associated with those projects will be able to benefit.
• RRSG or Righteous Rhinos Support Group plans on not only committing primary and secondary sales of 500 rhino NFTs within the project but we also want to help rhino and wildlife organizations, conservation parks, and reserves get setup up on the Blockchain, benefit their supporters, and help them create their own NFT that helps their organizations. RRSG wants to help these organizations bring education, information, and opportunity to the conservation communities but also to serve as way vessel of communication to help bridge communities across the world.
13. What is Righteous Rhinos Support Group?
• Righteous Rhinos Support Group is an NFT project that has been created by two individual artists in 2021, Charles Keator, AKA Raw Chi, who is the artist, creator, and half the development team and Chuck Hopcraft, AKA Cheforche, who is the lead developer and coder behind the project. Together, we have setup this project to aid in the support of rhinos, wildlife, and community alike. We are incorporating primary, secondary, and royalty sale percentages our projects receive to go back into rhino and wildlife preservation. We are bringing community benefits, helping to build community centers locally and abroad, educating charity projects and communities about the technology behind these NFTs, incorporating that technology into their organizations, and continuing to bring additional support to each organization as we grow our projects overtime.
14. How is this NFT any different than the others that are out there?
• Our project team is only two people that is behind this project and we are completely open and transparent about every step we are taking through our project development. We are committed to bringing aid, education, information, and technology to different parts of the world. Our purpose is to be able to bring aid to organizations, individuals, and communities alike through the power and value of art, expression, forward thinking, and an organized mindset. We are also planning to help organizations to create their own NFTs by educating them on the entire process, assisting them through every step, and helping them join websites that allow them to accept these payments and donations.
15. What can I do with the RRSG NFT?
• Presently, once someone owns an RRSG they are allowed to make derivatives, sets them up for wallet drops in the future, and allows them to join in the community to network and meet other supporters. Overtime our project will be incorporating merch drops, a metaverse, digital real estate, community networking, digital and physical events, collaborations, an artist collective center, and an after-school program. We have short-and long-term goals planned out and are creating multiple projects that serve with different utility as these projects expand the RRSG members will be the first to know about any additional projects or collaborations.
16. Do the RRSG NFTs come with an ownership?
• Yes, if you own the RRSG NFT you are the owner until you sell it. When you own it you can make derivatives, use it to collaborate with another artist, or (when staking options become
available) stake your RRSG NFT to earn additional income just for collecting and holding many of the RRSG NFTs.
17. How will this NFT make its donation?
• Our donation process will be a part of our community voting and will be able to establish a firm schedule of donations, which organization we donate to, when we donate, how often, and the value of each donation. Our primary donations will go to adopting each rhino within the conservation parks, aiding the anti-poaching teams that guard the rhinos, bringing community support, education, and opportunity to the surrounding communities of these conservation parks in South Africa and South East Asia.
18. What does the future of Cryptocurrency and NFTs hold for individuals, businesses, artists, and charity efforts?
• Right now, the future seems bright for cryptocurrency and NFTs but it all depends on how this space is regulated, maintained, and grows overtime. It also depends on how each government is using these currencies, which ones they use, and how they use them overtime. As the technology improves, changes, and shapes this space there will start to be clear rules, regulations, and government involvement as the space continues to form. This is all dependent on which government is involving themselves in which coin, how they are planning on incorporating that currency into their economy, and the overall time frame they are able to achieve these goals.
19. If I am new to Cryptocurrency and NFTs where do I start? What are some good resources to consider?
• If you are new to the space, take your time, don’t rush in, and always be prepared as best you can. A good place to start is talking to people that have made these investments, gone through those experiences, and can share with you their personal experience in the space. The more point of views you are able to gage, the better understanding you will have about how you align in the space, make sure they are trustworthy first! Join a group, that doesn’t push an agenda, on apps like Clubhouse, Twitter Spaces, and Facebook Rooms that allow you to talk to individuals, professionals, and knowledge users within the space that can help teach you the basics to keep in mind.
20. What should I keep in mind when navigating the space?
• Always keep in mind that you shouldn’t invest more than what you are willing to lose because of the prior questions answered you may or may not make a mistake that could result in a loss of investments if you don’t know how this space operates or functions. It is always important to DYOR, get accurate information, and make wise personal financial decision when entering this space. Don’t FOMO into a project!!
Thanks for checking out this questionnaire! Please learn more about how to participate in donations with wildlife in mind by visiting Global Conservation Force.
If want to learn more about Crypto and NFTs please check out this guide “Righteous NFT Habits,” created by Charles Keator aka Raw Chi, the artist and creator behind the Righteous Rhinos Support Group. This guide provides information that covers what the similarities and differences are between Crypto and NFTs, what are smart contracts, Web 3.0, the overall functionality of the two assets, and goes more in depth to how this space functions.
For more information about how these NFTs will help the GCF and foundations like it, please check out the Righteous Rhinos Support Group.
The Righteous Rhinos Support Group is an NFT project that will be adopting Rhinos, making donations to The Global Conservation Force and other organizations, to partner up for new plans on help out endangered and threaten species around the world. Starting with the Rhinos first!
**This is not financial advice, this is for educational purposes only, if you are looking for financial advice you should please consult a financial advisor. **